Skincare and Hair Care Regimes Using Cooking Ingredients
We as a team are all about saving and we love to look after ourselves and maintain that beauty glow through inexpensive methods. We are sharing with you our beauty skincare regimes that we make and use with cooking ingredients:
Coffee Exfoliate Mask
X3 Tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
X2 Tbsp Heaped Natural Yoghurt
X2 drops Olive/ Coconut Oil
1. Get a bowl and add the natural yoghurt and oil of your choice, then mix them both. Now add the instant coffee granules and lightly mix it into the mixture but not for long to ensure the granules don’t dissolve.
2. Apply the mix on to your face and rub the coffee granules gently on your face. Avoid applying close to your eyes but feel free to apply down to your neck and even chest area.
3. Keep it on for a minimum of 45 minutes and to note the exfoliator will turn into a mask and your skin will be stiff as a result.
4. Rinse it off and apply olive/coconut oil soon after.
Coffee Sugar Facial Scrub
½ cup coffee grounds
½ cup brown sugar
1cup light olive oil or coconut oil
1. Mix in the coffee grounds and brown sugar and oil. Mix together with just a spoon until evenly combined.
2. Transfer the mixture to a sealable airtight jar.
3. Use in the morning, once a week as part of your normal beauty care routine, scooping out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and scrubbing your face with it. Rinse the oil off with hot water, then follow with cold water to close your pores.
Cucumber Eye Relaxer
1. Ensure the cucumber is cold, cut x2 slices.
2. Lie down and place them on your eyes for about 20 - 30 minutes.
3. Cleanse your face with cotton wool and some rose water or just plain water.
Lemon Yoghurt Eye Whitener
½ slice of lemon
X1 drop of olive oil
X1 tbsp yoghurt
1. Squeeze the slice of lemon and remove the seeds.
2. Add the oil and yoghurt and mix it together with a spoon.
3. Apply the mixture around your eyes using your fingers. Close one eye at a time to avoid the mixture going into your eye and do not apply on the eye lids.
4. Keep it on for 15 to 20 minutes max and then rinse. Do this same treatment every other day for a week, you will notice your skin has revitalised. If you still feel the need to reduce the dark circles, repeat the process after one week has passed. Lemon on skin should be used sparingly due to its acidic levels.
5. You can do this routine however every month or as you see fit.
Lip Scrub Routine
Coconut Oil & Sugar Lip Scrub
X1 drop of coconut oil
X1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Mix oil and sugar, then apply to lips while gently scrubbing lips
2. Keep it on for 15 minutes max and then use cotton wool with water to wipe it off. Then after apply coconut oil, Vaseline or lip balm on your lips.
Hair Care Routine
Rice Water Hair Treatment
X1 Cup Rice
X1 Cup Water
X3 Drops Essential Oils (tea tree oil, peppermint oil and castor oil)
1. Rinse and strain your rice to remove any dirt or impurities that you don’t want to apply to your hair.
2. Mix the rice in a medium-sized bowl with the water. You should mix until the water becomes pretty cloudy.
3. Strain the rice, this time reserving the water. Store the rice for later, or cook it up!
4. Put the rice water in a plastic container and cover it. Let the rice water sit at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours. This allows it to ferment and all of the yummy vitamins and minerals to come out. *Tip: Don’t let the water sit for over 24 hours, it will go bad.
5. Refrigerate the rice water until you’re ready to use it.
6. Fill a small container, like a travel-sized shampoo bottle or a small jar, with rice water for application. Keep the rest in your fridge.
7. Use the rice water after shampooing and conditioning. When applying the rice water, try to really focus in on your scalp and work your way out. Let it sit for two to five minutes, and then rinse. You’ll probably notice immediately how strong and thick your hair feels.
Avocado & Egg Hair Treatment
1 tsp. olive oil
1. Blend the ingredients together with a fork or spoon. We recommend you use a whisk.
2. You can adjust the proportions of this mask depending on the length and thickness of your hair. In addition to the moisturising benefits of avocado and olive oil, egg is rich in protein, which helps strengthen the hair and protects against split ends and heat damage.
3. Leave on for 20 to 30 minutes. If you’d like, you can leave a hair mask on overnight. However, there isn’t much evidence to support that leaving the mask on past the point of saturation is any more beneficial. If you do decide to leave it on overnight, cover your hair with a shower cap or put a towel on your pillow to avoid staining.
4. Rinse out the mask in the shower, then shampoo and condition as normal. If you feel that your hair looks oily even after shampooing, you may consider shampooing twice to get the mask fully out.
Bentonite Clay Hair Treatment
1 cup of clay
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
1. Mix the ingredients together well until you have the desired consistency. The mask should be thick but still thin enough to apply evenly throughout your hair. Make sure you cover your scalp all the way down to the ends of your hair.
2. Use Bentonite mask in place of your shampoo and conditioner. Leave the mask on for 20 to 30 minutes. You can also add a shower cap then wrap a mask to keep it moist. A great tip is to even workout while you have it on. This will help ensure that the product has had a chance to thoroughly penetrate your hair and scalp to provide maximum benefits.
3. Make sure you rinse you hair thoroughly use a comb and/or brush to ensure you have no mask left on your hair. If you leave the mask after washing it hardens and will cut your hair.
4. After use the oils you prefer, comb and style as you please. You will notice how the natural curls of your hair are retained and as a result your hair will feel extremely soft.
Salt Soak Foot Treatment
2 tbsp. baking soda
½ cup apple cider vinegar
2 cups Epsom salt
1. Mix the ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Slowly dissolve the mixture into the tub of hot water.
3. Soak your feet for 30 to 60 minutes.
4. After rinse your feet with plain water. Apply lotion, petroleum jelly, or oil and then wear socks after to retain the moisture.
If you do try any of the above leave a comment on this blog post and share your results. However please note do not try anything shared if you have allergies as it could lead to you irritating your skin and perhaps beyond repair. We are not experts, so kindly note that we have shared what we practice and has been complimentary to our skin, bodies and hair.
Stay safe! Stay beautiful! Stay glowed up!